With more time available, why not take full advantage of day trips and activities right at the footsteps of Rainbow Beach.
- Grab your beach permit and 4 wheel drive and cruise around the stunning landscape. Relax or beach fish along Double Island Point, Inskip Point or anywhere really! Visit Freshwater Day area, walk up to the Double Island Lighthouse, or the Rainbow Beach lagoon. Check you tides for suitable beach conditions, so you can visit the majestic coloured sands.
2. Immerse yourself as a Tourist. A full range of activities are available from scuba diving, fishing charters, skydiving, paragliding, learn to surf, sea kayaking, dolphin feeding (at Tin Can Bay), bush and beach horse riding to name a few.
3. Don’t have access to a 4 wheel drive? No problems! Half day tours are available to visit the local Rainbow Beach attractions. Take advantage of the nearby Fraser Island, and jump on a day or overnight tour, it is an experience not to be missed.
4. Sounds like too much, or you need a rest day? Day spas and hairdressers are conveniently located in the centre of town. If you plan it well, why not let someone else take the kids, while you and your girlfriends settle in for some R and R. Also with a range of coffee shops and restaurants, you will find that it is easy not to cook for the day!
5. Fun at the beach. Rainbow Beach is a patrolled beach and is one of the safest beaches for the kids, or a relaxing swim. The water temperature is warmer than Sunshine Coast beaches, so you can squeeze that summer feel well into Autumn months. Of course what is a holiday without an afternoon or morning walk, Rainbow Beach is a peninsular, 20 km to the tip at Inskip Point, so you are only limited by how much energy you have.